Is your businesses regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT)? If so, you are required to follow DOT testing guidelines. Let the experts at Tru Care Labs help your business remain compliant with DOT drug testing regulations.
At Tru Care Labs, we offer a wide range of DOT testing services to make your business be compliant with all federal regulations.
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- On-Site & Audit Services
- Consortium Services
- DOT Physicals
- Drug Collection/TPA
- Drug Testing Requirements
- Drug & Alcohol Policy Development
- Workplace Policy Reviews
- Random Testing Programs
- Consulting Services
- Supervisor Training for Reasonable Suspicion / Signs & Symptoms
DOT Regulation Information
Tru Care Labs can help your business stay current on all of the DOT testing requirements including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Coast Guard (USCG), and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).
Tru Care Labs makes it a priority to stay knowledgable on the complex DOT testing requirements for workplace drug and alcohol screening and DOT physicals. Individuals performing certain “safety-sensitive” activities fall under DOT drug testing, including:
- Working on Pipelines
- Driving a Truck
- Operating a Ferry
- Steering a Train
- Repairing an Airplane
- Driving a Bus, Shuttle or Livery
- Merchant Mariner
- Working on a Cruise Ship
- Aircraft Maintenance, Pilots etc.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Before a DOT employee performs a safety-sensitive position, the employee must have a negative screening result on file.
- Not all accidents require a Post-Accident drug & alcohol test.
- Even owner operators are required to be in a drug & alcohol random selection pool.
- Leaving the collection site without completing the drug test is equivalent to a positive test result and requires the employee to complete the SAP process prior to resuming safety sensitive job functions.